What to take on a picnic to get a rest
Tasty food and drinks, interesting entertainment and important little things.
What kind of food to take on a picnic
It’s getting a lot better outdoors. So a good table can be set with the most common products.
Fruits, vegetables and herbs
In the warmest season of the year, the picnic season, there’s plenty of them, luckily. Don’t forget to wash your food at home.
But it is better to cut them on the spot so that they do not lose their freshness. Make fruit and vegetable plates or salads. And if you want to, you can create something original.
- 15 unusual vegetable salads
- 15 interesting salads with fresh cucumbers
- 10 original salads with fresh tomatoes
- Five fruit salads to try
Be sure to take the potatoes with you and bake them in ash, as in childhood. Nothing compares to this dish.
Meat products, eggs and cheese
Many people associate outdoor activities with barbecue. Just don’t buy pickled meat, because spices and vinegar can hide a hard, stale product. It is better to do everything yourself.
- 7 marinades for kebabs that will make any meat taste better
- How to fry a tasty barbecue. The chef reveals all the secrets
- What to grill: 15 simple and exquisite recipes
If you don’t want to mess with the kebab, take a regular sausage, sausage or sausage and fry it on skewers or a grill. Tasty, fast and very simple.
Boiled eggs or hard cheese can be eaten pure, put on sandwiches or sliced into salad.
- 10 egg salads to help in any situation
Bread and other baked goods
They’re indispensable, especially if you’re planning a hot meal. Bread should be sliced in advance so that sandwiches can be prepared quickly in nature.
- 10 ways to refine your sandwich
- How to make a British cucumber sandwich
- Sweets lovers can also bring pies, doughnuts, buns or cookies. How to make delicious pies with a view in the oven and in the frying pan
- 10 recipes for delicious, lush doughnuts with and without fillings →
- 30 delicious cookies with chocolate, coconut, nuts and more
Fish canned food can be used to make nourishing, aromatic soup. And vegetables, such as peas, corn or beans, are suitable for salads or as a side dish.
- How to choose the right canned food
Sauce and seasoning
Ketchup is useful for fried meat and mayonnaise or vegetable oil for salads. Don’t forget about salt and sugar.
What drinks to take on a picnic
First of all, take care of drinking water with or without gas. For a large company, take a bigger bottle to make sure you have enough for everyone.
If you are planning a holiday with alcohol, beer or wine is best. Cold foamy drink can quench your thirst, and wine can set off the taste of prepared dishes.
- Detailed Beer Guide: How to brew beer, how to taste it and how it differs from the Porter
- How to choose a tasty wine and not overpay
For non-alcoholic gatherings you can buy ready-made juice or lemonade or make your own drinks.
- Three refreshing summer lemonades
- Prescription of homemade cherry lemonade
- 10 prescriptions of non-alcoholic cocktails
And don’t forget your tea or coffee. They can be prepared in advance and brought in a thermos or brewed in the countryside, if you make a fire.
How to carry groceries on a picnic
If you’re not too far away from home, you can carefully arrange all the food in bags or plastic containers.
Lovers of aesthetics and beautiful photos can use wicker baskets. Even the usual old one will look original and appropriate. But you can buy a special one with a set of beautiful dishes.
These baskets usually have a thermal separation. This is very convenient if you need to keep food or drinks hot or cold. Here are a few convenient options for individual thermo bags:
- Thermal bag with change pockets, volume 5 l
- Roomy thermowell, volume 15 l
- Baby thermo bag, volume 5.5 l
What kind of things to take on a picnic
This list will keep you from forgetting the essentials.
Dishes and kitchen utensils
Plates, glasses and cutlery are better to choose plastic. And not necessarily disposable. These picnic sets will last a long time.
- Picnic mini set and barbecue for four
- Picnic set for six people
- Picnic set for four people with containers and a chopping board
Be sure to take the usual and can opener knives, corkscrew and ladle. If you cook at the stake, you will need a pot or pot.
A barbecue will be useful for making kebabs, although at least it can be made out of improvised means.
- Five incredibly simple ways to make a barbecue with your own hands
Plaid or special furniture
I don’t think you’ll be comfortable sitting on the grass. So don’t forget to bring a dense blanket or a compact plaid with you. And if you want home comfort in the countryside as well, a set of folding furniture will come to your aid.
- 9 ways to make a hammock with your own hands
Itchy bites can darken any vacation. Sprays, creams, special spirals or folk remedies can help to get rid of insects.
First aid kit
In case you’re still bitten by mosquitoes or injured in some way. First aid fundraising is especially important for those who are resting with children.
- 14 products to help prevent mosquito bites from scratching
- What’s in the baby’s first aid kit
- How to assemble a travel first aid kit
All sorts of little things.
This includes wet wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags and matches. If the picnic is going to be long or you plan to spend the night in the countryside, take warm clothes with you.
- 20 products with AliExpress for a perfect picnic
How to arrange a picnic place
If you want to enjoy nature, food and company first, you don’t have to worry about decorating the place. All you have to do is spread out a blanket, put up folding furniture or set up a tent.
But if you want to remember this picnic for a long time and capture the rest on camera, it is worth thinking about the design of the chosen place.